20050419

Beginnings Anew

As is almost usual now, things shift quickly. Sunday I was really down, missing B, wondering what was going to happen next...

Monday morning, as I woke up, I felt the mourning period was over. Just like that, not even a week and feeling all rinsed fresh of this past relationship's toxins. It's funny how things change quickly, isn't it. I really feel that I'm through with this. I'll rehash a crappy metaphor I used months ago, but again it's the intangible hand playing the drum machine, everything sequenced as it should be and quantized to perfection. That's precisely what's happening, I feel.

School was beginning again Monday. I went to my first class and after the whole cuisine of evaluation was done, the prof was showing videos that she was going to show again next course. I just grabbed my stuff and left. Took the metro to Jean-Talon station and went walking. I stopped by this music store I had been wanting to visit for ages now and browsed. I feel the urge to play guitar again. I left the store and just walked. Walked through the Little Italy, listening to music, with the sun shining brightly. It felt good, it felt right. I passed by the photolab and got my processed slides. It's been some time since I shot new material. Sat down at the lightbox and was so pleasantly surprised: A lot of the work was actually good! Very vivid colours, nice textures. It was infinitely pleasing to realise that I have not lost my photographic abilities.

It truly feels like a new beginning, a fresh start. The only page in my life that had not been yet turned finally ended up turning. That's excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's excellent.