20041012

Goddamn

Well well,

Two letters were waiting in the mailbox for me this morning. Both from the university I applied to. Both to tell me that my application had been turned down because they hadn't received the requiered payment for my admission. I made the payment for my admission request, all following the guidelines.

So I called the admission office of the university. After waiting a very long time on the phone while they were checking things in my file, I got this very unhelpful response: "We're in the process of changing systems. Now everything is scanned into the computer. Please ignore the letters you have just received and keep in mind that no admission file will be evaluated before mid-november, if not mid-december..." Then, just as security, I asked if it was safe to assume an admission if the selected program was not-limited and open. The lady told me that it was not a good idea to assume such a thing, considering that the main criterion for entry is excellency of the student record.

Now, what do I do of all this? It's certain that I have to start looking for a place to live in Montreal and that I have to get a job for the winter in order to survive, all of which knowing that I just might not even be a student this winter, invalidating mostly everything.

This sucks so much.

No comments: