20051122

That Darned Blood-test

I was supposed to get blood tests done for about 4 months now. But I kept postponing it. It's mainly a routine exam, to make sure that my depression relapse wasn't caused by a physiological problem.

I figured I would get that done tomorrow morning because my class starts at 13:30. So, knowing that I had to fast before the test, I had dinner, then went cycling, came back, had only a glass of juice and then stopped ingesting stuff (except water). As I was preparing my things for tomorrow in order to be able to leave the flat quickly and get that test out of the way, I checked my sheet. I had misread before. I was certain I had to be sitting on a empty stomach for 8 hours prior to the test. It was 23:00 when I checked. But the sheet said that I had to have not eaten anything 12 hours prior to the test. So, without knowing it, by drinking that glass of juice at 22:30, I ruined my possibility of taking the test tomorrow morning.

Guess I'll have to have it done next week.

-----

I couldn't fall asleep, so I got up and felt hungry, so I had a bowl of cereal. Then, I turned on the TV. I had forgotten how much fun watching infomercials can be. I saw the last 5 minutes of an advert for a fortune reading by telephone service. The man was telling the woman on the phone that the man in her life was going to acquire a house in the next "4 to 7 months". The woman was extatic and kept on saying: "ooh! Yes! really! wow! thank you! thank you so much!"

And right now, I'm watching an infomercial for a dating service that caters to straight men and woman, gays and lesbians, bisexuals and swingers. It's really funny to watch, they're playing back messages by the members and showing trite moments lived by the members, all in slow-motion. The name of the service translates roughly to "The dating service that hits!" It's mainly a way for people to hook-up for sex. I love how the people in the messages try to be clever but they just end up sounding stupid. My favourite one goes like this:
"Guys, be wary: I know what I want. Pleasure, pleasure and just more pleasure" (all said in a really cheesy tone)

TV. Great, smart entertainment at all hours.

No comments: