20051117

Resolutions

Here's a list of precepts I've either started to implement in my life or that I will start implementing in the next few days.

  • Sleep more
  • Go to bed earlier
  • Leave behind some bad (and stupid) habits that I've acquired as of recent
  • Not let myself be brought down by the snobs in my program
  • Tone and moisturize day and night
  • Eat better (i.e. eat complete meals)
  • Bring lunches to work and school
  • Give up muffins (I'm addicted to muffins...)
  • Drink less coffee and more water
  • Get back to running
  • Keep with my training routine (I used to be really strict and go training 3 times a week, but because of all that's happened, my training has been incredibly episodic in the past 2 months)
  • Masturbate less
  • Not waste energy over little frustrations
  • Be less severe toward myself
  • Be more confident
  • Carry a camera with me at all times
  • Learn how to and start using a diary
  • Write down my ideas
  • When I wake up, scribble down the oddities that I've dreamt about
  • Clean up my room and my flat as needed and not wait until I find it unbearably messy
  • Tackle things as they come up and not postpone
  • Start meditating again
  • Spend at least 3 hours at the piano per week (this will be hard to implement, but I'll work on it)
  • Work on my piano scales and my sight-reading
  • Meet new people, hear new and different opinions and viewpoints
  • Etc!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

"Not let myself be brought down by the snobs in my program"

This should be your inspiration to thrive, not your destruction. When you get frustrated, let it drive you.

"Carry a camera with me at all times"

My suggestion; Invest in something light-weight and portable. Cellphone cameras, point-and-shoot's (both film and digital), pen-cameras, etc. all can make your life of snapping out in the open much easier than having to lug around your 35mm.

"Learn how to and start using a diary"

Nothing to learn, just start.

"Write down my ideas"

And the things that fascinate you, too, I would say.

"Be less severe toward myself"

But don't give up the criticality towards your art. It deserves it. All art does.

Good luck!