20050921

One Great Day

That's exactly what I had today: one great day. It all started slowly and normally, with visual language 1 class. We did clay sculpting, working on creating textures. Today was the student integration in the school's art gallery. I had three hours between the end of my class and the integration, so I went to the coffee shop where I always go.

I had thought ahead and brought my computer with me. So at the coffee shop, I worked on a paper. I chatted with the manager who has now become a friend of mine. We talked music and I ended up burning a CD for him. He went to the backroom and burned me two CDs of music I have to discover. As I left, he hugged me. I just couldn't stop smiling.

I go to the integration. We were a lot less than they had expected. Instead of the 60 first year students they were expecting to come (60 out of 84 total first year students), we were only 15. So we all talked to one another, looking at the exhibit that was there. Then, all the teachers gave us a speech about imagemaking, about photography. The program director closed that speech with something really inspirational and motivating, telling us to go forward and never lose the passion for image that brought us there in the first places.

At 5pm was the vernissage of the exhibit that was in the gallery. It was the yearly teacher's show. Some really really great photographs were there. We got to meet some of the second and final year students. I also got to chat a bit more with another first year student, a girl who happens to be in my group. We left the show and the girl went to catch her bus. As I was walking for the metro someone pulled my backpack. I turn around and there is Emilie. We both had our evening free so we went for coffee and then went to the MACM (Museum of Contemporary Arts of Montreal). We left at 8:50, as the museum was closing.

While we were walking back to the metro, I check on my mobile: there's a message. I take the said message and it's from my roommate, telling me that the manager of the place where I had a job interview had called and to call him back, if possible before 9. I hurry and call back...

I'm hired!

That's definitely a great day.

2 comments:

Fel-X said...

FÉLICITORCHONS !!!
(et pardonne les majuscules, c'est pour l'enthousiasme)

alors, tu t'en es bien tiré finalement de ce cours de "machin visuel". Même sans emmener une tortue ou des morceaux de briques...

Anonymous said...

tj un plaisir de te lire surtout quand tu es sur une pente ascendante ...