20050915

The Fear Of Art Classes

Sometimes, I get scared of little things.

In the program I'm doing in school, it's mandatory to take a certain amount of visual arts classes. This term, I have observation drawing and visual language 1. Now, because of my flaking out in the first week and a half of school, I came late to the first visual language class and completely missed the second. I also missed my second observation drawing class.

Yesterday, though, I woke up way early to make sure that I would be on time to visual language class. I also had to drop by the school store to buy a tablet of newsprint paper. I did all of this and indeed arrived on time to class. I was rather nervous, having missed the last class and not really knowing what to expect (apart from what I had read in the course outline).

It all went very well. The class was about drawing with volumes and doing volume renderings with ink and graphite. The teacher was very motivating and I, for once, didn't feel like a complete loser taking a visual arts class.

I got out of class feeling quite hyper: I've beat my fear of visual arts classes.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Alright! Go Oli!