20050901

Music For That State I'm In

I believe music to be my main addiction. Thus, there's always a soundtrack around each and everything I do. It's gotten to the point of even when I am not listening to music, there's something playing in my head, constantly.

I was in the metro coming back from my class this morning and I started thinking that, this past week, I've been listening pretty much to the same stuff and that maybe that was the soundtrack to the state I'm in right now. So I figure I'd make a list of albums and songs that are of particular meaning to me at the moment.

Let's start with the albums. For clarity, it's always the name of the artist/band first and then the piece second.

Albums (in no particular order)
  • Blonde Redhead - Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons
  • Morcheeba - Big Calm
  • Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun [particularly excellent when it's raining outside]
  • Lali Puna - Faking The Books
  • Moby - Hotel
  • Coldplay - X&Y [and, more importantly, the following songs: Fix You, A Message, The Hardest Part, Swallowed In The Sea]
  • Autour de Lucie - L'échappée belle
  • Frou Frou - Details
  • Julieta Venegas - Bueninvento
  • Bugge Wesseltoft - Moving [more importantly, the song: Yellow Is The Colour]
  • Dido - Life For Rent [See You When You're 40, This Land Is Mine, See The Sun]
  • PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell [Maps, Modern Romance]
  • The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
  • Sarah Vaughan - Snowbound/The Lonely Hours
  • Zero 7 - When It Falls
  • Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights

Songs (in no particular order)
  • The Cure - A Forest
  • Aaliyah - We Need A Resolution
  • Aaliyah - Loose Rap
  • Alanis Morissette - Everything
  • Alanis Morissette - Right Through You
  • Andrea Heins - Song Without You
  • Andrea Heins - Smalltown
  • Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You
  • Esthero - Beautiful Lie
  • Jewel - Standing Still
  • Kahimi Karie - Nikon 2 [I just so love the thought of the girl being a photographer and the other guy being a gigolo, and the parallel she makes in the song]
  • Jay-Jay Johanson - I'm Older Now
  • Avril Lavigne - Fall To Pieces
  • Laub - Losigkeit
  • Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire
  • Sarah McLachlan - Stupid
  • Pato Fu - Eu
  • The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
  • Incubus - 11am
  • Incubus - Nice To Know You
  • Imogen Heap - Hide And Seek


So I think that paints a rather good picture of my musical landscape of the moment. I figure it will speak more than I can about my state of mind of the moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hum ...
Autour de Lucie, Zéro 7,
Nice selection ...

The Cure, pourquoi pas lullaby?
Ca te va bien cette chanson.