20050512

Mood Uppers

I've been meaning to write a little blog entry titled "Tidbits of Happiness" for a bit. I never really had time to do it though and then, my mood went down a couple of floors.

Today, mood went back up though. So I figured it was as good a time as any to finally write about little things that bring me joy, along with some mood uppers I had the pleasure to experience today.

Tidbits of Happiness (not an exhaustive list)
  • Having my hair flap about when there's wind blowing
  • Rain, in all forms (Walking in the rain, listening to jazz music in the living room with the rain falling outside, etc)
  • Waking up really early in the morning and just getting out
  • Listening to music in the Metro and have the surroundings conform to the sounds and the beats
  • Dancing at work
  • Walking back home from the Metro station (either 30 or 40 minutes, depending on which station)
  • Making eye contact with people

Mood Uppers (not an exhaustive list!)
  • Witnessing random acts of kindness performed by strangers
  • S U N
  • Knowing there's friends around when you need them
  • Noticing that my subconscious mind has just saved my ass
  • Going running
  • Grabbing a smoothie at Liquid Nutrition on Drummond St. (fave one: Blueberry Burst)
  • Seeing proof that some people in this world actually believe in me and my work

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hmm, I never thought about making eye-contact with others as a 'mood-upper', specifically. That's an interesting point, because most of the time people tend to avoid making eye-contact with people, I think, or at least 'most' people.

I have to give this a try and see if I get either positive looks or 'stop looking at me pervert' looks, haha.