20040823

Those Days

You know, the days when you just don't feel like doing anything. Those days when you just feel like lounging around your dwelling, doing whatever you want to do. Today is one of those days.

This morning, I have to go to training, then come back here. After that, a friend is supposed to call and we are supposed to go watch a movie or chat around or something like that. Then, in the evening, I'm pretty sure something will turn up, as far as stuff to do goes. Also, I will have to keep a phone handy all evening because I am waiting for a call.

But then, all I really want to do today is paint. Play recluse and finish the work I have in progress. Finish painting and then get around to the writing I've been putting off: polishing and reorganizing my poetry book to (finally!) send it out to an editor, working on my screenplay in order to complete it sometime before year 2011, organizing the new poetry that will be part of the next book, etc.

What I want to do is get work done, alone, without interruptions or distractions. But that seldom happens, my mind butterflying to every little sparkle that appear (appears? I really have to brush up on my english grammar...) around me. A lot of that has to do with self-discipline, I'm certain. For instance, at this moment, instead of writing on how I want to get work done and etc, I could already be on my way to the gym, then train well, clear my head in the process, come back, have lunch and get to work.

So yeah, I am getting off my amorphous ass this second and I'm gonna kickstart that day.

Go.

No comments: