20040819

The Matter With First Names And Details

After recapping for about two hours yesterday, i began to wonder: is it okay to name the people in my story by their first name? Should i just use the first letter of their first names or should i just change their names altogether?

I was wondering about that because, you know, if my friends actually read this, they might go: "hey! he's talking about me!", but then again, the people who read this who do not happen to be close friends with me will have no clue whatsoever as to who are the people i'm writing about. I guess it's all good really. Plus, i'm thinking that it's my life i'm sharing, not other people's so i guess it's alright to name the people in my stories by first names.

Another matter that i wonder about is whether or not i give too much detail when i tell a story. In real life i have this tendency to make tons of parentheses to whatever it is that i am saying, explaining everything, going into intricate detail about the current matter. I can imagine it being annoying to some. On the other hand, the people who might be annoyed by that would be the types to tell me stone cold to just skim it, so it's okay in that respect.

Anybody got an opinion on that?

No comments: