20040819

La vie en rose: mode d'emploi

At work tonight, I came upon a book titled: "La vie en rose: mode d'emploi". Definitely cute and heartwarming. It gives suggestions (over 500 of them!) on how to live a happy life.

Reading it, I noticed that I'm quite on the right track as to how to keep myself happy. Doing simple things and enjoying them, smiling to people and really mean it, enjoying every moment of work, cooking pancakes for my best friends, etc. Maybe that's why I'm not negative and gloomy anymore. Maybe I have found ways to get back to what's really important. Of course I am not constantly happy, joyful and perky. Sometimes, I just feel "okay". And that's just fine. After three year of constant bad days, being "okay" is being on top of the world.

I can't help but marvel at the beauty of being well, not being depressed and knowing that it's going to stay that way for a long time.

Intense beauty. I love it.

No comments: