20050720

That's Buttah

I work in a cosmetics store. Since our products bear a rather unconventional appearance, we're often asked by the customers what a specific product is and/or what it does.

Yesterday, I was in a particularly chipper mood. I started imagining the same kind of scenario happening in a grocery store. Here's a little dialogue featuring a Salesperson (S) and a Customer (C).

C- Sorry, Sir, what's that?
S (in his best New York accent)- That's buttah...
C- Ooh, buttah?
S- Yes. You spread it on toast or you can use it to cook a nice meal.
C- And what about that thing here?
S- That's produce...
C- Ooh?
S- Yes, produce. You use it to make salads
C- Is that so? How lovely is that!

Needless to say, I kept on giggling and made my other coworkers laugh with that. And now, when I'm asked the same question 50 times in a day, I just have to remember the grocery store scenario to keep that smile on my face.

No comments: