20050724

Lying In The Hammock

I spent almost an hour lying in a hammock today. I'm at my mother's place, just for 2 days. It's the usual round of coming here to get some rest, to enjoy the sun, to swim and just feel like I'm on vacation. It's odd. This time last year, I felt trapped here. Now that I live someplace else, coming here is soothing.

I was lying in the hammock, right next to the pool. Sun shining through a trellis and throwing shadows in the process. I was just laying there, thinking. Thinking about the current state of my life. About all that has happened in the past year, all that happened since I moved out. About what lies ahead for me...

I came to the conclusion that I couldn't be in a better place. Looking back, I'm exactly where I want to be. I have moved out of home to study, risking to fail once more. But I didn't fail. It's been over seven months and I'm standing strong. There were some really hard times but I came through. Things always end up being for the best, this time being no exception.

In a little more than a month, I'll be beginning my studies in Photography. This is what I've been waiting for, what I've been wanting to do for a very long time. I'm almost there now.

I have a job that I really enjoy. Of course, I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. For now, though, this job is just perfect. I love the people I work with, I love my work environment. I feel good there.

I share an apartment with a really great girl. We both moved in from Granby. We both adapted to the city, together. We shared the times that passed and surely we'll share the times that are yet to come. Through all of this, I'm certain that I have made a friend for life.

I'm in love. I'm in love with someone who's in love with me too. With someone who makes everything seem sunny, who makes me feel incredibly good about myself. A person bringing cinematic moments in my life.

I was lying in the hammock and it dawned on me. My life is great. I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: