20090606

Sleep (Or lack thereof)

I have a big problem with sleep, so it seems. For a certain while, I'll be able to sleep normally, without problems. Then will hit a patch of insomnia, intermixed with nightmares and certain nights of oversleeping.

Before, I used to be able to carry on even if I hadn't slept properly. I would be able to go by my day to day business normally, only feeling kinda tired in the process. In general though, I would be able to manage without a hitch.

Nowadays, it's another story. If I don't sleep properly, I just can't do anything proper during my day. I skip work and only manage to do very little during the day. Also, insomnia is always, ALWAYS accompanied by a certain apocalypse feeling, a sensation that doom is upon us, that gloom is right inside my very own body. I would imagine that insomnia allows depression to travel my entire body, to scour my veins looking for more cells to infect with its darkness.

I guess that this feeling is only exacerbated by the fact that I'm sitting in between at the moment. In between cities, in between lives, in between states. I'm moving back home soon for the summer and then for studies. I might be going abroad for a contract but nothing's finalised or confirmed yet. It's as though life was on hold at the moment.

No comments: