20090510

Quiet Return

I've been ill all this past week. Tonsilitis. It seems that, as we get older, the childhood illnesses we used to be able to brush off in a single movement can now bring us down entirely.

I kinda had it coming. I had been feeling rather unwell for weeks and wasn't doing anything regarding it. Even if my tonsils were swollen, I would just tell myself: 'tis viral, 't'will go away in a jiffy'. To go away it did, only to come back with a bite a bit later. This game of hide and seek went on for about a month until a bit more than a week ago, when I came down with a gigantic case of fever. This made me decide to go and seek some help. Goooooood thing I did.

During the past week, as I was completely unable to work or do anything, I had plenty of time to think. I got to thinking that I wanted to start blogging again. I used to enjoy keeping this blog, it always turned out to be a good venting point for me, especially during the rollercoastery days pre-diagnosis (oooh, I might need to fill you in on that. Next post, I promise).

Quiet return then. And the reason why I didn't just start a new blog instead of continuing one that has been dormant for 2 years? I don't want to erase the past anymore. Everything written here is stuff that I felt or witnessed or went through. So why part with it?

No comments: