20060319

I Am Not Sleeping

I am not sleeping. I do realise that that's implied because I would not be writing this thing had I been asleep at the moment. I had gone to bed a bit after midnight expecting a nice night of sleep when my upstairs neighbours decided to entertain their already loud enough guests with techno music. I had managed to get a nice point of focus and was on the verge of finding sleep when someone started yelling and chanting (yes, chanting) in the street, most probably right under my window. Have not sensed impending sleep since.

I have started reading Bridget Jones's Diary, on suggestion of a friend. I had mentionned over drinks one night that I was beginning to think that my life would resemble that of Miss Jones (just the general life idea, I'm not implying that I intend to become a woman) by the time I hit thirty-five, to which my friend replied: "have you read the book?" I confessed that I had only seen the movie. She urged me to go buy it, as it's very different from and much better than the movie. A few weeks passed and then we went for drinks again, this time joined by another friend who was experiencing emotional turmoil of herself. Bridget Jones came on topic again and that second friend decided to get to reading it too. The next day, after work, we both went to Chapters to get a copy. A week after buying it I am halfway through. It really IS much better than the movie. Makes me realise that I want to read more novels in english. I figure it's probably the only way I'll improve my written english.

-----

My birthday is in a week. I'm excited. I don't exactly know why, but there's a christmasy feeling to my birthday this year. As if something marvelous was about to happen. Something big...

No comments: