20051011

Addiction

I am addicted to incense. Don't ask me why, but I just love burning incense in my room. However, I believe I've gone too far recently.

About two or three weeks ago I bought a 50 pack of japanese incense (Daigen-Koh, sandalwood). I finished the box tonight.

I woke up around 3am and there was an almost overwhelming smell in my room. A smell very reminescent of burnt wood, burnt furniture and stale cigarette. You can distinguish the sandalwood somewhere in this very complex fragrance if you really concentrate. It must be the buildup of the smell in the room since I've moved in it that makes it so strong and weird. But I definitely have to stop using incense for a while, until my room takes on it's normal smell again.

------

I went shooting pictures yesterday afternoon. I've been consistently taking pictures in the past three days. The first two days were shots without models, yesterday was a shoot walk-around style with Justin.

I had already did a little exterior shoot with Justin, but the light was quickly fading and that lead to most of the shots being unusable because of motion blur and camera shake. Also, no matter how comfortable the person is in front of the lens, I always feel a bit clumsy around the person I'm shooting the first time I'm taking pictures of them. The subsequent times I feel a lot more at ease and oftentimes it shows in the photos.

Yesterday's session was a huge delight. We just walked around a very industrial area, talking about love, life and our respective arts. It was just very easy to take pictures, I felt extremely comfortable. In between our moments of talking there was silence. Not an ackward silence, but a very cozy silence, sometimes completed with Justin humming a song.

Photography can be quite a zen experience.

------

Just before I woke up a couple of minutes ago, I was having a dream. It was a very intricate story about a girl getting married and being accused of stealing a very expensive fabric at her aunt's fabric shop. I just remember the ending, when the girl broke into the fabric shop to try to find clues to back up her theory of the cousin being the stealer of the fabric. So she broke in the store and the cousin was there, handling a pickax and menacing her, threatening to break her marriage by killing her. The mother of the cousin (i.e. the aunt) arrives and gets stabbed by the cousin. The cousin then goes for the girl but she is stopped by the aunt who was also carrying a pickax with her and managed to stick it right in her daughter's heart (despite her injuries) and killed her. I woke up when the ambulance and the police was arriving at the crime scene.

No comments: