20050213

Changes

I moved out of home nearly a month and a half ago now. Moving out of home to a new life is always a very threatening experience, something that's both exhilarating and dreadful. A month and a half in though, I can truly say that I am home here, more than I was in my hometown.

At first I had my doubts. I felt quite alone in this new city. True, my good friend and flatmate was there, but still, you can have a thousand close friends and still feel lonely. It all lies within. Beginning school was frightening: after a year of not doing any academic work whatsoever, going back to university was quite a step. And then there was the fact that I had to start looking for a job. I was really nervous, to say the least.

But surprisingly, seeing the history of complicated matters I have behind me, everything went smoothly. School is quite nice. Sure, as usual, I do tend to forget about doing my assignements but I always pull through. I have made new friends, reconnected with former ones. I like my classes and am glad to have chosen what I chose.

Since moving, there have been a lot of changes taking place both around me and within me. I'm getting more and more confident. Not nervous or anxious or paranoid as I constantly was, back in Granby. This in itself is major change. Something profound that affects everything. Adding to this, I have not really felt majorly down in a long time. Of course I've had moments, but nothing major, nothing serious.

A month in and I have found (or, actually, decided) the direction I want to give to my life. I want to be a photographer. I want to study photography and work in the field. Live from my passion. Since taking that decision I have been working and working my photographic skills to build a consistent portfolio of admission for Photography programs. I have to submit the said portfolios in two weeks. Hopefully I'll be admitted. If I am not admitted anywhere I'm applying, I have a plan B: finish my certificate of german language and find a plan C during the year. It's foolproof.

So that's the state of things. Now that I've quickly recapped, I'll be able to begin blogging regularly again...

No comments: