20041111

Avoiding The One Who Makes Me Weak At The Knees

The sunday following the post about the guy I'd like to get to know, I arrived at the mall a bit early because my only ride to work was early. I went to get coffee and guess who also arrived at that moment. The guy. We greeted and that was mostly it. It all seemed a bit bizarre. He left to go to his store. Fine. When I went across the mall to get to the bookstore I saw him standing before the doorway to his store. I took the chance to thank him about lending me the magazines. It was a bit cold and I didn't feel an opening for chatting more about it or about other stuff. Said goodday and went my way.

The next evening I took the decision to try and avoid seeing him as much as possible (took that decision after seeing him walk across the street and feeling my heart skip a beat). I figure I have enough confusion in matters of the heart not to add to it by forcing myself to see the guy who makes me weak at the knees (and who obviously doesn't give a damn about me). It all seemed to work very well and I had pretty much forgot about the whole thing. Even passing in front of his store didn't do anything to me. Cured, I was!

But of course, things never end just like that. Today, I had not brought a lunch to work (I made one this morning, but then felt really hungry and ate it :D). During my supper-hour I made my way to the grocery store, all the way across the mall, in order to get some food. On my way there I stopped at the newly opened videogame store to check if they had Katamari Damacy. They did. It was cheap. I bought it. (HAPPY!) So, grocery store. I was listening to I Am X on my MP3 player and making my way to the prepared food aisle. Guess who I ran across? The guy, of course. We greeted and exchanged pleasantries about food and lunches. Then I paid and left.

Of course my knees went weak when I saw him. I really wonder why I have to keep bumping into him randomly. It all seems like a cruel joke. Random chats with one who doesn't see me.

Am I still gonna try to avoid him? You bet.

No comments: