20040903

September

I love autumn. I truly do. Every single bit of it, I adore. The sublte changes in the colour of the light in late august and early september, the sunflowers abounding, the coolness and intensity of the weather, the escalation of reds and oranges on tree leaves, the peak of colour in late october and then the rain and the soft, deep greens and greys of november.

Yesterday, it felt like September. Don't ask me why. I was walking outside and just thought: "it really feels like September". It might have been the smells, the sun or even my watch indicating that we are now in the ninth month of the year. Whatever the reason is, it felt like September. I enjoy that immensely. I love autumn, have I mentionned it before?

Of course, I'd love to be back in school already and I'd really love to be able to share this season with G. Unfortunately, neither is possible at the moment. I'm going back to school this winter. As for sharing the season with G, well, I guess that will be half possible, since we keep in contact and call each other nearly daily. I miss him lots. Tons. I never actually imagined that it would be possible to feel such things, such simple things, in such simple ways. It's beautiful, I think.

By the way, have I said that I love autumn?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Effectivement, l'automne est radieux dans le nord-est du continent américain ...